Congratulations to the 20 newly selected members of the 2021-2022 SAME Leader Development Program. Financially supported by the SAME Foundation, this national program is designed to identify and cultivate talent from within the Society to support the development of the next generation of military, government, and industry leaders and help meet the crucial leadership needs of the country and the profession.
Developing leaders is a central component of the Society’s mission and the 2025 SAME Strategic Plan, which outlines in Goal 3: Develop Leaders for the Profession, that SAME will “lead efforts to enhance leadership development and cultivate talent necessary to address the nation’s grand challenges; ensure the enduring stewardship of the A/E/C profession.” The Leader Development Program will play a leading role in the Society’s commitment to build leaders for our profession and our nation.
Through a curriculum of hands-on training, study, and active engagement in new opportunities, participants will explore individual strengths and team dynamics, and grow personally and professionally. All individuals also will complete an independent or collaborative utilization project focused on a key need or interest-area of SAME and the A/E/C profession. LDP is a year-long commitment that will begin in May 2021 and run through May 2022.
2021-2022 LDP Participants
- Victoria Cachro, USAF, 86th Civil Engineer Squadron (Korea Post)
- Josh Cohen, P.E., PMP, Kiewit (Louisiana Post)
- Eric Collett, USA, HQ USACE (Washington DC Post)
- Taylor Daigle, P.E., Coastal Protection and Restoration Authority (Louisiana Post)
- Julie Eiter, P.E., LEED AP, Black & Veatch (Greater Kansas City Post)
- Suzanne Grix, Forgen LLC (Sacramento Post)
- Frances Hinkley, P.E., Jacobs (Mobile Post)
- Wendy Kerkhoff, Thielsch Engineering Inc. (Narragansett Bay Post)
- James Kline, P.E., LC, National Institute of Building Sciences (Mid-Maryland Post)
- Lori Kropidlowski, Ahtna Solutions LLC (Anchorage Post)
- Pamela Little, P.E., PMP, Pond & Company (Atlanta Post)
- Matt Matteson, P.E., PG, Wood (Detroit Post)
- Joshua McClure, P.E., CFM, PMP, Halff Associates Inc. (Fort Worth Post)
- Kris Neset, P.E., USPHS, Centers for Disease Control (Pikes Peak Post)
- Travis Pital, P.E., PacRim Engineering (San Diego Post)
- Faith Powell, HDR (Seattle Post)
- Samantha Robbins, Stone Environmental Engineering & Science Inc. (Kittyhawk Post)
- Bradford Shields, P.E., USAF, Air Force Installation & Mission Support Center (Kaiserslautern Post)
- Ariel Waiters, USAF, Joint Base McGuire-Dix-Lakehurst (New Jersey Post)
- Brian Wybrecht, P.E., U.S. Army Europe-Africa (Rhein-Main Post)
Fostering Engineering Leadership
The SAME Leader Development Program is supported by the SAME Foundation, which underwrites the participation of the class participants as well as the overall program. Established in 2016, the SAME Foundation is committing to investing in programs that support its compelling purpose of “fostering engineering leadership for the nation.”
Participants in the Leader Development Program explore individual strengths and team dynamics and discover their potential personally and professionally through a curriculum of hands-on training, study, and active engagement in new opportunities. Participants also engage in group or individual projects that are intended to help an ongoing area of need or opportunity within SAME.
For additional information on the SAME Leader Development Program, visit www.same.org/ldp.
To learn more about the SAME Foundation or make a contribution to fostering engineering leadership for the nation, visit www.same.org/foundation.