Registration for the 2016 SAME Small Business Conference (SBC) for Federal Engineering, Construction & Environmental Programs at the Cobb Galleria Centre in Atlanta, Ga., has already exceeded 1,600 people and the Exhibit Hall is sold out!
Be a part of the more than 2,000 A/E/C professionals expected at SBC, Nov. 16–18, by registering today at www.same.org/sbc.
SBC is the premier annual event for small businesses looking to grow their presence in the federal marketplace, for large businesses to engage with potential teaming and subcontracting partners, and for government agencies to build relationships with the companies they need to help support their missions in the coming years.
Attendees at the 2016 SBC will include representatives from the U.S. Army, U.S. Navy, and U.S. Air Force along with a number of civilian federal agencies, including the Department of Veterans Affairs, General Services Administration, Department of Energy, Department of State, and Small Business Administration. SBC will offer more than 45 education and business-opportunity sessions and nearly 300 exhibitors to help grow and improve the small business component of the federal A/E/C industry.
SBC will kick-off Wednesday Nov. 16, with a moderated panel featuring senior military and federal engineering leaders: Lt. Gen. Todd Semonite, P.E., USA, U.S. Army Chief of Engineers and Commanding General of the U.S. Army Corps of Engineers; Maj. Gen. Timothy Green, P.E., USAF, Director of Civil Engineers, Deputy Chief of Staff, Logistics, Engineering & Force Protection, HQ U.S. Air Force; Rear Adm. Bret Muilenburg, P.E., CEC, USN, Commander, Naval Facilities Engineering Command and Chief of Civil Engineers; and Stella Fiotes, AIA, Executive Director, Office of Construction & Facilities Management, Department of Veterans Affairs.
2016 CONFERENCE HIGHLIGHTS
- Lt. Gen. Rick Lynch, USA (Ret.), renowned leadership expert and author of “Adapt or Die: Leadership Principles from an American General.”
- Michael Jackson, global business advisor and conference facilitator, who has over 30 years of strategic business, marketing and communications experience.
Education & Training
- More than 20 hours of education sessions designed specifically for professionals operating in the federal small business A/E/C arena.
- Matched networking tables where companies and federal agencies can talk face-to-face about upcoming business opportunities and challenges within the small business environment.
- Over 12 hours of business opportunity briefings from federal agencies, where small businesses will learn about where the government will need industry support in the year ahead in specific business lines.
- Agency mega-sessions featuring engineering and acquisition leaders with the U.S. Army Corps of Engineers, Air Force Civil Engineer Center, Naval Facilities Engineering Command, and Department of Veterans Affairs.
- Moderated senior leader panel session featuring military and federal engineering leaders.
- Plenary session with Small Business Administration leadership, where attendees will hear updates on contracting rules, recently implemented changes, and trends to watch for in the small business industry.
- Sold-out Exhibit Hall featuring nearly 300 exhibitors showcasing their products and services.
- Innovative Product Theater, where companies will give live presentations of cutting-edge technologies that can improve the way the A/E/C industry does business.
- Small Business Awards Luncheon, recognizing the top large and small businesses for support to small business success and federal programs, respectively, and individual awards for small business advocacy and support.
Each year, SBC attracts more than 2,000 attendees, including engineering and acquisition leaders with each of the uniformed services and several federal agencies, as well as top executives with leading A/E/C industry firms—including large, medium, and small businesses. For more information, visit www.same.org/sbc. Follow the event using #SAMESBC.