SAME: The Second Century Begins – Preparing for the Future by Building on the Past is the exclusive, official publication marking the first 100 years of the Society of American Military Engineers. Pre-orders for this special anniversary book are now available. Visit www.same.org/centurybook for more information and to pre-order your copy today. Books expected to ship in late spring 2021.
Filled with a combination of unique archival material from the past century of engineering history and an unprecedented look at tomorrow, the SAME Century Book is a never-before-attempted survey of the Society’s past, present, and future. Dive into the compelling stories, unique perspectives, and rare insights into the sweeping contributions of members over the years.
OVERVIEW & FEATURES
At more than 150 pages, this full-color hardcover book will be filled with archival material from SAME’s rich past, perspectives from past and current members, milestones of note, a timeline of engineering history over the last century, distinguished leaders, insights on the Society’s role in leading collaboration throughout our first 100 years, and examples of the engineering profession working together to solve national security infrastructure-related challenges.
- Who. What. When. The Century Book features six chapters taking you from the founding of the Society in 1920 to our Centennial celebration in 2020…and even farther into our second century of service to the nation, and the profession.
- The Inside Stories. Featuring five sorbet sections that explore the people and achievements behind Sustaining Membership, Posts, The Military Engineer, and more.
- Profiles in Leadership. Discover the leaders of SAME over the last century and distinguished members who have made in impact on our legacy.
- Milestones in History. Explore critical engineering advancements over the last 100 years, and when and where SAME members have played a role.
- Past. Present. Future. Steadfast devotion is a hallmark of SAME and its members. Read how we have stood by our commitment to industry-government engagement, national security, and patriotism time and time again.
- From the Archives. Enjoy never-before-seen photos from our archives, letters from engineering leaders, and other historical artifacts collected together for the first time.
From the beginning, a major goal was for the Century Book to not just articulate our past but also define our future—how our members, partners, and stakeholders are embracing SAME’s unique and essential role in enhancing industry-government collaboration, building and sustaining resilience throughout our communities, producing STEM professionals for the nation, developing leaders for the profession, and preparing veterans and servicemembers for the A/E/C industry.
As the Society embarks on our second century, this commemorative book will help articulate the vision for SAME’s commitment to secure America’s future, together.
Price of $69.50 includes shipping to all CONUS addresses (including APO/FPO). Order at www.same.org/centurybook.
Bulk orders of 10 or more copies receive a discount of 15% off the order. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org or call 703-549-3800, ext. 827 to place a bulk order.
For overseas orders, the cost is $69.50 plus shipping. Contact email@example.com or call 703-549-3800, ext. 827 for overseas orders.