If you are a transitioning servicemember, a recent veteran, or an SAME member interested in looking for a new career opportunity in the A/E/C industry, register to attend the 2016 Transition Workshop & Job Fair.
Being held March 23-24 at the Embassy Suites BWI in Linthicum, Md., the SAME Transition Workshop & Job Fair provides a venue for gaining valuable perspective from others who have made the transition into the private sector or to a civilian career with a government agency, or even pursued advanced higher education such as a doctoral program.
A TRANSITIONAL EVENT
The SAME Transition Workshop & Job Fair connects transitioning uniformed servicemembers in A/E/C fields with SAME Sustaining Member companies and government agencies looking for talent to enhance their services and capabilities.
Each attending company and agency has a private suite, which allows for small group gatherings as well as one-on-one discussions. Most importantly, all companies and agencies are looking to fill positions that are specific to the skills and expertise of today’s A/E/C professionals. The event is FREE for Transitioning Military, Veterans and SAME members who are not currently employed; there is a nominal fee for SAME members currently employed in the private sector.
Day one includes a group presentation on an overview of types of positions available in the A/E/C industry as well as a presentation on resume and interview tips led by the lead recruiter at a major industry firm, AECOM. The first day also includes concurrent panel sessions with former uniformed servicemembers who have successfully transitioned into new positions. During the afternoon hours and into the early evening, company/agency recruitment suites will be open as well as the Resume Review and LinkedIn Profile Update Lounge.
On day two, the focus is on the company recruitment suites, which will be open for job interviews, as well as the Resume Review and LinkedIn Profile Update Lounge. A networking luncheon will be held at midday. The interview suites will open again after lunch, with the event concluding at 2:00 p.m. eastern time.
Presentation on Resume and Interview Tips
- Michael Shipp, Lead Recruiter, AECOM
Panel on Recent Transition Experiences: Executive & Project/Program Management
- Col. Sal Nodjomian, P.E., F.SAME, USAF (Ret.), Executive Vice President, Matrix Design Group
- Capt. Ed Brown, P.E., USN (Ret.), Senior Business Development Principal, Jacobs
- Col. Doug Hammer, USAF (Ret.), Lead Associate, Booz Allen Hamilton
- Col. Trey Jordan III, P.E., USA (Ret.), Director of Federal Programs, Development Facilitators Inc.
- Lt. Col. Darren LeMaster, P.E., PMP, USA (Ret.), Site Projects Manager, Infrastructure Support Services, Boeing Service Company
Panel on Recent Transition Experiences: Education & Project/Program Management
- Col. John Medeiros, USAF (Ret.), Ph.D., Executive Director, Eupraxis LLC, Infrastructure and National Security Public Policy
- Tech Sgt. Dustin Humbert, USAF (Ret.), Assistant Director of Facilities and Projects for the University of Maryland, Campus Recreation Services
- Lt. Col. Regan McDonald, P.E., F.SAME, USA (Ret), Vice President, Atkins
- Col. Jonathan Webb, USAF (Ret.), Boeing, Infrastructure Support Services
Attending Companies & Agencies
- Michael Baker International
- Louis Berger
- Amec Foster Wheeler
- U.S. Department of Energy
- American States Utility Services Inc.
- U.S. Department of State
- U.S. Forest Service
- Booz Allen Hamilton
- Sevan Multi-Site Solutions LLC
- CDM Smith
- Raymond Engineering
- RealStreet Staffing
- FEA PC
- U.S. Army Corps of Engineers
- Global Engineering Solutions
- Virginia Tech
(Companies or Agencies interested in hosting a suite can contact Stephanie Satterfield, at firstname.lastname@example.org, for more information.)
BOOST YOUR SKILLS
Preceding the two-day workshop and job fair, SAME also will host two Continuing Education courses (separate registration required) that are tailored to address the specific needs of the federal market so attendees will be on point for upcoming job interviews.
The two courses—taught by leading subject matter experts Paul McMurray, Insight Management Consulting, and William A. Sorrentino, Jr., P.E., PMP, DBIA, Sorrentino Consulting LLC—will be held March 22 from 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m., and provide 8 PDHs / 8 AIA LUs.
- Personify Leadership: Tools for Developing Everyday Leadership Habits
- Project Management: Skills and Techniques to Up Your Game
Click here for more information on the two Continuing Education courses being held March 22 at the Embassy Suites BWI Airport. For more on the 2016 SAME Transition Workshop & Job Fair, visit www.same.org/transition.