The 2016 JETC is heading to the Valley of the Sun, May 24-26, for three days of unparalleled education and training opportunities for members of the A/E/C industry who are focused on finding solutions to national security infrastructure-related challenges.
JETC will offer daily networking events, including the opening reception at Corona Ranch & Rodeo Grounds on May 24, a buzzing Exhibit Hall with 250 companies showcasing cutting-edge products and services, and the Society Ball & Awards Gala on May 26, which will present the annual SAME national awards and medals to members of the Society and the engineering services.
The 2016 JETC also will offer a Young Member/NCO/Fellows Mentoring event; a moderated panel session with the Military Engineering Chiefs; the annual Post Awards Breakfast honoring the achievements of SAME Posts around the world; technical tours to Luke AFB and Frank Lloyd Wright’s Taliesin West; and two highly entertaining keynote speakers: retired Navy captain and renowned NASA astronaut Mark Kelly, Commander of Space Shuttles Endeavour and Discovery; and best-selling writer and award-winning journalist Dan McNichol, author or The Roads that Built America. Dan will travel to Phoenix with his trusty ’49 Hudson and have the car on site in the Exhibit Hall for attendees to check out.
Sounds like a pretty full conference…and that doesn’t even mention the 60 hours of technical education and training sessions featuring numerous senior government leaders and leading industry experts!!!
DISCOVER NEW SOLUTIONS
This year’s JETC will feature 60 hours of education and training sessions, a program built from a robust Call for Presentations that attracted over 100 submissions from across the military, government, industry and academia.
The breadth of sessions covers the broad interest areas and specialties of SAME members. This time the cliche is true: there is something for everyone!
Examples of the variety of sessions on tap for the 2016 JETC include:
- Mega Project Challenges and Solutions: STRATCOM Command and Control Facility
- Through the Looking Glass, A Soldier’s Voyage of Discovery in His Own Homeland
- Transition to Business Development and Operations
- The OPM Breach: Lessons Learned, Benefits/Byproducts and How Persistent Screening Can Bolster Cybersecurity
- Groundwater Cleanup Evolution – Emerging Contaminants and Effective Large Plume Restoration
- Building Envelope Commissioning for New and Existing Buildings
- Leveraging BIM to Decrease O&M Costs
- Bioremediation of TCE, 1,4-Dioxane, and Chromium in AFP44 Groundwater
- U.S. Government Work in the International Environment
- Net Zero Today – Fort Carson on the Cutting Edge of High Performance
- Clean Water Act Compliance for Military Facilities – Stormwater Management
- Engineer Your Own Success: 7 Key Elements to Creating an Extraordinary Engineering Career
- Contingency Base Planning, Design, and Management
- Optimizing Ambiguity: Engineering for Special Operations
- New and Important Federal Laws and Small Business Program Updates
- Foreign Military Sales; Lost in Translation, How to Plan in Saudi Arabia
- Engineer Support to Force Protection in a Joint Environment
- Are Your Marketing Efforts Firing on All Cylinders for Optimum Performance?
- Public Health Facilities – Designing Ways to protect, promote and advance the health and safety of our Nation
- Mission Assurance through Energy Assurance
HEAR FROM EXPERTS
Session speakers at JETC include representatives of companies and agencies from across the public and private sectors, including:
- Office of the Deputy Assistant Secretary of the Air Force for Environment, Safety & Infrastructure
- USACE Chicago District
- U.S. Public Health Service
- Andana Consulting
- Aria Environmental Inc.
- Moffat & Nichol
- 1st Expeditionary Civil Engineer Group
- O’Brien & Gere
- 1st Battalion, 77th Armor Regiment
- Tetra Tech
- U.S. Department of Energy
- Honeywell Building Solutions
- HQ U.S. Air Force/A4CF
- Martinez Services Inc.
- The Niemeyer Group LLC
- U.S. Army Engineer Research & Development Center, Construction Engineering Research Laboratory
- University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign
- Iowa State University
- SR Benton & Associates
- GHD Inc.
- OTI and Associates
- Hankins & Anderson
- The Engineering Career Coach
- Mohr Separations Research Inc.
- 7th Air Force, Osan AB, Korea
- U.S. Army Engineering & Support Center, Huntsville
- Air Force Civil Engineer Center
- Naval Facilities Engineering & Expeditionary Warfare Center
- Michael Baker International
- Zyscovich Architects
- Office of the Secretary of Defense, Readiness
- SolidEn Engineering & Consulting
- Amec Foster Wheeler
- Michael-Bruno, LLC
- Burns & McDonnell
- RSM Federal
- EYP Architecture and Engineering
- Design-Build Institute of America
- Booz Allen Hamilton
Click here for an in-depth look at all the education and training sessions coming to the 2016 JETC in Phoenix.
FEATURED SESSION HIGHLIGHTS
In addition to keynote speakers Capt. Mark Kelly, USN (Ret.) and Dan McNichol, the 2016 JETC will feature a select group of highlight sessions with key government and industry leaders.
Setting the Contingency Theater: A Joint Force Engineer Table Top Exercise
Sit in on a multi-hour table top exercise that is based on the current training scenario for North Africa being used in the Joint Engineer Operations Course.
The exercise will examine the first four phases of a notional operation, assessing the capabilities and capacity of the Total Engineering Force—including industry—and identifying areas for further coordination or development. The SAME Joint Engineer Contingency Operations Committee will refine the outcomes from the exercise after JETC and outbrief the conclusions and recommended way ahead to the Engineering Chiefs and the J4 at the Joint Operational Engineering Board (JOEB).
Energy & Sustainability: Enduring Policy Trends
- The Honorable Katherine Hammack, Assistant Secretary of the Army for Installations, Energy & Environment
- The Honorable Miranda Ballentine, Assistant Secretary of the Air Force for Installations, Environment, and Energy
- Rear Adm. Thomas Jones, P.E., F.SAME, USCG, Deputy for Mission Support, HQ U.S. Coast Guard.
Future Strategic Directions in Facility Design & Construction
- Gene Mesick, AIA, LEED AP, Chief, Technical Services Division, Air Force Civil Engineer Center
- Paula Loomis, Ph.D., FAIA, F.SAME, LEED AP BD&C, Deputy Engineer, U.S. Coast Guard
- Scott Wick, AIA, PMP, LEED AP, Chief Architect, HQ USACE
- David Packard, AIA, Military Program Manager, USACE Northwestern Division
- Richard Bond, Associate Executive Director, Office of Operations, Department of Veterans Affairs
The 2016 JETC, hosted by SAME, will be held at the Phoenix Convention Center (May 24-26). For more information, including to register and travel/lodging, visit www.same.org/jetc. Follow the event #SAMEJETC. Early bird registration ends 22 APRIL!
See you in Phoenix!