Join more than 3,500 professionals from throughout the public and private sectors for three days of learning, networking, and relationship-building at the year’s premier market research event: the 2019 SAME Federal Small Business Conference for the A/E/C Industry.
Being held Nov. 20-22 at the Kay Bailey Hutchison Convention Center in Dallas, Texas, SBC has become the one-stop-shop where small businesses can discover contracting opportunities and grow their presence in the federal marketplace; where large companies can meet with potential subcontractors; and where government agencies can share best practices with one another and engage with industry leaders to inform their acquisition strategies for the years ahead.
Over the last five years, SBC attendance has grown from 1,653 in 2013 up to 3,244 last year—and that number was 4,110 attendees when including collocation with the National Veterans Small Business Engagement. New for this year, the Department of Veterans Affairs will fully integrate procurement decision-makers from the Office of Construction & Facility Management and Office of Small and Disadvantaged Business Utilization into SBC. There is no parallel event being held.
More than a dozen federal agencies have participated in SBC each of the last few years, including the U.S. Army Corps of Engineers; Naval Facilities Engineering Command; Air Force Civil Engineer Center; Department of Veterans Affairs; Veterans Health Administration; Department of Energy; General Services Administration; Department of State; Small Business Administration; Environmental Protection Agency; Federal Emergency Management Agency; and National Aeronautics & Space Administration. And with over 3,500 attendees expected and 350 exhibitors, the 2019 SBC is sure to once again offer unparalleled value and deliver unmatched return-on-investment.
From dynamic keynote speakers to tailored education sessions to business opportunity briefings to networking roundtables and daily networking receptions, SBC provides small businesses with a variety of ways to gain actionable insights to help them find success in federal contracting.
Keynote Speakers. SBC will feature keynote speakers and plenary sessions designed to inspire and inform.
- Matthew “Griff” Griffin, U.S. Army veteran, Co-Founder & CEO of Combat Flip Flops, will share insights into the operations of a footwear and apparel company that sells goods manufactured in conflict and post-conflict zones, and uses profits to support the areas where they are made.
- Robb Wong, Associate Administrator of Government Contracting & Business Development with the Small Business Administration, will give attendees updates on federal acquisition changes, rules, and regulations—and how they impact small business, as well as large businesses and industry.
- SBC will wrap up with an Executive Leadership Panel, with senior leaders from the U.S. Army Corps of Engineers, Naval Facilities Engineering Command, Air Force Civil Engineering, and Department of Veterans Affairs.
Educations Sessions. SBC offers Education Sessions within four categories geared toward helping small businesses succeed in the A/E/C marketplace:
- Entering the Federal Marketplace—best practices for small businesses venturing into government contracting
- Marketing & Business Development—ideas and approaches to promote and position a firm
- Regulations, Rules, & the Government Framework—what businesses need to understand about government laws, guidelines, and programs
- Advanced Business & Procurement Strategies—the means and methods for established businesses looking to excel further
Business Opportunity Briefings. SBC features Business Opportunity Briefings where senior leaders from more than a dozen federal agencies provide programmatic overviews of contracting opportunities within their agency. Organized by business-line in order to help small businesses get project information within their area of expertise, these briefings can help a company set a strategic direction for the future and also provide a lead sheet to follow up on during the conference.
Networking Roundtables. SBC gives small businesses the chance to meet face-to-face with agency officials during Networking Roundtables. These appointments, which are designed to help attendees discover the ins-and-outs of competing for and winning federal contracts, are conducted in small settings, and often with other firms, so that companies can learn from one another in addition to heading from government representatives.
Exhibit Hall & Receptions. SBC provides a tremendous forum for establishing connections and conducting market research through a dynamic Exhibit Hall and daily Networking Receptions. With 400 exhibitors, including federal agencies, large and small businesses, and advocacy organizations, there is countless opportunities to meet with teaming or subcontracting partners, discuss acquisition plans, and build relationships for long-term success.
Awards, Registration & More
Get a head start on your week in Dallas with tools you can use right away. Ahead of SBC’s official beginning, SAME will hold a Pre-Conference Education Course, “Building your Bottom Line through Business Development,” on Tuesday hosted by SMPS (separate registration required).
In addition to education and networking opportunities, a highlight of SBC each year is the SAME Small Business Awards presentation. The Society presents four distinguished awards for support of federal small business programs; nominations are open until Oct. 1, 2019.
- Large Business Award for support of federal small business programs as a large business
- Small Business Award for support to defense and federal programs as a small business
- Industry Small Business Advocate Award for support of small business programs in the defense and federal marketplace
- Post Small Business Liaison Officer Award for support of small businesses and small business programs at an SAME Post
The full program schedule of education sessions is set. Check it out and come be a part of the market research event of the year, #SAMESBC19—and help your company find even greater success on its #MySBJourney!