Back Together. Built for You.
Join your professional colleagues from throughout the public and private sectors for the 2021 SAME Federal Small Business Conference, which will be held live in person in Atlanta at the Georgia World Congress Center November 16-19, with virtual participation also available.
We can’t wait to be together again and for you to enjoy everything you love about SBC! We have all waited more than a year for this—and we’re building an event just for you.
Even if you can’t be with us in person, or aren’t able to travel just yet, we hope you’ll join us virtually. We’ll have a great experience for you, too.
- Inspiring Keynote Speaker
- Engineering Service Chiefs Panel
- CEO Roundtable on Cybersecurity
- Business Opportunity Briefings
- Networking Appointments
- 30+ Hours of Education Sessions
- SAME Small Business Awards Presentation
- 300+ Exhibitors In-Person Plus Virtual Booths
See what happened last year with our 2020 Virtual SBC Daily Recaps:
American War Hero
At first glance Melissa Stockwell may appear to be the quintessential Mid-western All-American girl, but she is far more. She is an American war hero who has triumphed over personal tragedy to achieve greatness, World Champion status, and she has dedicated her life to chasing remarkable accomplishments while giving back to others, particularly those who face challenges similar to her own.
In 2002, Melissa graduated from the University of Colorado and was commissioned as a Second Lieutenant in the United States Army. In March 2004, she deployed to Baghdad, Iraq. Just three weeks later, a blast from a roadside bomb struck Melissa’s Humvee causing the loss of her left leg above the knee. After enduring numerous infections and surgeries, Melissa was medically retired from the Army. She is the first female soldier to ever lose a limb in active combat and has been awarded both The Bronze Star Medal and the Purple Heart.
Following her accident, sport become the road to recovery for Melissa. In April of 2008, she became the first Iraqi War Veteran to qualify for the Beijing Paralympics. She competed in three swimming events and was honored by her fellow Team USA athletes to be selected to carry the American flag in the closing ceremony. After Beijing, Melissa turned to the sport of Paratriathlon and is now a three time World Champion. She was named USA Triathlon’s female Paratriathlete Of The Year for two consecutive years and was twice nominated for an ESPY award. On September 11, 2016, at the Paralympic Games in Rio de Janeiro, Melissa raced in honor of her fellow soldiers and their families who had given the ultimate sacrifice serving and protecting America. After a grueling race, the day ended on the podium, as the newly crowned Paralympic Bronze Medalist.
Engineering Service Chiefs Panel
Hear from senior engineering leaders with the U.S. Army, U.S. Navy, U.S. Air Force, and the Department of Veterans Affairs on the status of their acquisition programs.
“SBC by far was one of my most productive conferences. Not only did we come home with teaming partners, but we also came home with new clients and a list of opportunities to add to our pipeline.”
-Siokey Gastelum-Galvez, J.G. Management Systems Inc.
Many Reasons to Attend
- Conduct market research and gain a deep understanding of the federal A/E/C sector, including potential teaming partners.
- One-on-one matchmaking appointments with government agencies and large businesses.
- Education tracks with the opportunity to earn more than 30 PDHs.
- Sessions specifically designed to help small businesses grow—whether new to the federal market or a seasoned contractor.
- Business opportunity sessions with information on real projects and programs both geographically and by business line.
- Connect with federal procurement decision-makers, contracting officers, and small business liaison officers.
- Meet and learn from other small businesses that are experienced in the federal market.
- Engage with large businesses and discuss subcontracting opportunities to help you grow past performance.
“By attending SBC, you gain interest from companies about upcoming projects, learn about new trends, refresh awareness of industry standards, and improve delivery of product.”
– Col. Leon Parrott, USA (Ret.), former USACE District Commander
Whether you are a small business seeking one-on-one matchmaking appointments with government agencies, a medium/large company interested in discovering subcontracting partners, or a government agency focused on conducting extensive market research to best understand the industry capacity available for your needs, the 2021 SBC is the ONE venue where it all comes together!
Join us in Atlanta, or virtually, for education, networking, and business development that will set your company or agency on a path to success. Exhibiting at the 2021 SBC puts your company at the forefront of the federal marketplace. Don’t miss out on the opportunity to showcase your products and services to conference attendees which include the top public and private sectors leaders in the engineering, architecture, construction, environmental sustainability, and facility management industries. The 2021 SBC promises to deliver unprecedented value!
Meet with Federal Agencies
Each year, SBC invites numerous federal agencies and uniformed services to participate throughout the event as exhibitors, speakers, and networking table hosts.
- U.S. Army Corps of Engineers
- Naval Facilities Engineering Systems Command
- Air Force Civil Engineer Center
- Department of Veterans Affairs
- Veterans Health Administration
- Department of Energy
- General Services Administration
- Department of State
- Small Business Administration
- Environmental Protection Agency
- Federal Emergency Management Agency
- National Aeronautics & Space Administration
Health & Safety Information
If you want to attend SBC in person, you will be required to be vaccinated against COVID-19. There will be additional health and safety guidelines in place within the convention center. We want you to experience SBC in the safest environment.
For more information, visit the Health & Safety section on the SBC website.
Make Essential Connections Year-Round
SAME’s Communities of Interest provide opportunities for members to become involved nationally with other professionals focused on a particular technical field or demographic within the A/E/C industry. The Small Business COI serves as the premier platform where SAME’s small business members can collaborate and build teaming relationships, stay up-to-date on developments in the industry space, and promote the role and relevance of small business in the Society.
Read more about the COI here. Membership is open to all members of SAME.