SAME will host its annual Joint Engineer Training Conference & Expo (JETC) in Phoenix, Ariz., May 24-26 at the Phoenix Convention Center.
With more than 1,500 attendees each year, JETC is the premier education and training conference for public and private sector professionals in the architecture, engineering, construction, environmental, facility management, project planning, and contracting fields, including members of all uniformed services of the United States and other state, local and federal agencies.
You can register for the event by here. Register today online and take the hassle out of signing up on site!
The theme of this year’s JETC is “Building Solutions to Today’s Challenges.”
- Capt. Mark Kelly, USN (Ret.), renowned NASA Astronaut – Commander, Space Shuttle Discovery and Space Shuttle Endeavour. Capt. Kelly will inspire attendees with insights drawn from his unique experiences, from leading teams in some of the most dynamic environments imaginable, to the thrill of spaceflight and making history, to the importance of commitment to career and family.
- Dan McNichol, best-selling writer and award-winning journalist – Author, The Roads that Built America. Dan, who once advised the president on infrastructure issues and recently completed a national media tour to raise awareness for our nation’s infrastructure challenges, will travel to Phoenix with his trusty ’49 Hudson and have the car on site in the Exhibit Hall for attendees to check out.
Education & Training:
The 2016 JETC will feature 59 hours of education and training sessions—with topics covering design and construction of a military command and control facility; inside the response to the OPM breach; the bioremediation of Air Force Plant 44 in Arizona; new disruptive energy technologies including the capacity to transmit electricity wirelessy; how to plan a Foreign Military Sales project; new and updated contracting laws for small businesses; the net zero program at Fort Carson; transitioning from a military career to a business career; and much more.
Additional Event Highlights:
- Reception at Corona Ranch & Rodeo Grounds for networking and relationship-building under the Arizona sky.
- Technical tours to Luke Air Force Base to tour the new F-35 operations building, and to Taliesin West for a first-hand look at Frank Lloyd Wright’s desert oasis.
- Engineering Service Chiefs Panel with leaders with the U.S. Army Corps of Engineers, U.S. Air Force, U.S. Coast Guard, Naval Facilities Engineering Command, and U.S. Public Health Service in the
- Joint Force Engineer Table Top Exercise “Setting the Contingency Theater” that will examine the first four phases of a notional operation and assess the capabilities and capacity of the Total Engineering Force, and feature kickoff remarks from the new Army Chief of Engineers.
- Exhibit Hall featuring nearly 200 A/E/C industry companies showcasing cutting-edge products and services.
- Society Leadership & Post Awards Breakfast, where SAME will celebrate the achievements of those at the heart of the organization—our volunteers!
- Society Ball & Awards Gala will honor the SAME National and Uniformed Services award and medal winners.
Each year, JETC attracts more than 1,600 attendees, including senior leaders with the engineering components of the uniformed services, top executives with leading A/E/C industry firms, and SAME members from across the world.
For more information and a full program schedule, visit JETC website. Follow the event using #SAMEJETC.